Unit 1: Number Names and Count Sequences
Student Learning Objectives:
· Count to 10
· Represent a number of objects with the correct numeral up to 5.
· Assign a number name to each object when counting a group of objects.
· Use manipulatives to represent addition and subtraction problems up to 10.
· Answer "how many" questions when counting groups of objects up to 10 arranged in a line or in a scattered configuration.
Activities To Do At Home:
· Count, count, count! Count mailboxes when you take walks. Count plates when you set the table. Count cars passing by. Count anything and everything!
· Cut out number cards 1-10. Say a number and have your child hold up the correct number card.
· Give your kinder a group of objects (up to 10). Have them count how many and write the number.
· Practice number formation (1-10) EVERYDAY! Be sure to correct number reversals when you see them. Make it fun! Use shaving cream during bath time, pudding, playdough, markers, crayons, pencils, etc.
Interactive Game Websites:
(username: redbank111 pw: eagle)
(click on more and then math)